Care and Repair North East Wales Ltd are actively looking for a new Chair
Job Title: Chair of the Board of Trustees
Location: Shotton Flintshire North Wales
Care and Repair (North East Wales) Ltd is aCharitable Community Benefit Society registered under the Co-Operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 registered number 29904R. There was a national merger agenda for Care & Repair Agencies which was required by Welsh Government in 2015.The result of an amalgamation between Flintshire and Wrexham Care & Repair on the 1st April 2015 formed Care and Repair (North East Wales) Ltd
The standard Care and Repair service provides advice and practical assistance to disabled, older and vulnerable people regarding repairs, improvements or adaptations to their homes. Historically we have provided a client centred quality service that enables people to remain independent in their own homes in safety, comfort, warmth and security.
The organisational redevelopment includes working in partnership to add value through shared purpose, strategy and improved relationships. We have recently moved into new premises that will allow both for a more sustainable future and the promotion of improved collaboration and working.
For more information about our current work please see: http://careandrepairnew.co.uk/
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to support the organisation with its ambitious growth plans to develop Care and Repair services and Place for you in Shotton. Do you feel that you have the skills to ensure excellence in Governance? Governance is the system by which organisations are directed and controlled and in particular how the aims and values of an organisation are set as distinct from day-to -day operational management of the organisation by its officers
The role of the Chair is to provide strategic leadership and direction to the Organisation through the board of trustees, Chief EO and Senior Managers. The successful person will be pivotal to the future of the Organisation and will provide expert guidance across strategy, governance, finance and HR to help facilitate further growth.
The Chair will lead regular board meetings to review the Organisation’s operations and make important decisions that will impact the future of thousands of people living in their own homes across Flintshire and Wrexham
What is expected
- Dedicated to act as positive ambassadors for Care and Repair and its new group structures
- Commitment to at least 5 board meetings, several development days and ad hoc meetings as necessary to assist in the full strategic redevelopment of the organisation
- Commitment to positive partnership working, including bringing to bear networks and relationships that positively impact the future development of the company
- Commitment to board and personal development as needed to fulfil the role
A strategic leader who has a passion for the sector and the work that the Organisation does. This, alongside the willingness to give up spare time to give back to a hugely worthwhile cause.
A full candidate pack is available on request.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £0.00 /year
Contact 01352 758700
Place for You, Rowleys Drive, Shotton, CH5 1PY
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 16.00 on 20th May 2019
Please submit a cover letter with CV that addresses:
- Capabilities, attributes and skills you would bring to the role
- Your personal drivers for wanting to join the board
- The added value you can bring to Care and Repair’s work
- How you would demonstrate your commitment
- Details of any specific skills?
- Experience in executive management/ board membership
Please Email to firstname.lastname@example.org