FOR YOU PROPERTY SERVICES LTD.
MULTI-SKILLED OPERATIVE x 2
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Van, Mobile and Tool Allowance
Closing Date: 30/04/2019
For You Property Services Ltd. (FYPS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Care & Repair (North East Wales) Ltd. It is a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England and Wales. Care and Repair (North East Wales) Limited is a charitable Community Benefit Society registered under the Co-Operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
FYPS is a newly start up Social Enterprise carrying out various types of works relate to Planned Maintenance, Minor and Major Adaptations, Repairs and Maintenance, Rapid Response and emergency hospital discharge works, Building and Construction on domestic properties and commercial contracts.
• Rapid Response Adaptations include: Grab Rails, Stair Rails, Fold up rails and shower seats
• Minor Adaptations include External Rails, Modular Ramps, Concrete steps and ramps.
• Domestic include: Doors, Kitchens, Flooring, Bathrooms, Roofing and Windows
• Major Adaptations include – Wetrooms
• Reactive day to day Repairs and Maintenance
• General Plastering, Joinery, Plumbing or Painting duties
• Furniture removal / relocations
The Multi Skilled Operatives will be responsible for undertaking the building works, ensuring that work is completed to a high standard, in target timescales and to the satisfaction of customers.
The Multi Skilled Operatives will be required to work full time, 42 ½ hours per week. The Multi Skilled Operatives will be expected to cover emergency call outs when required. This will enable the trading subsidiary to develop a more responsive service model of delivery to cater for urgent works and timescales.
It is anticipated that the Multi Skilled Operatives must have trade experience in carrying out a wide range of small building repairs and/or adaptations to a high standard. Training will be provided to the Multi Skilled Operatives to enable them to undertake the range of adaptation works that will be delivered by the trading subsidiary.
Training will include, where necessary:
• Practical training to complete minor adaptation works including grab rails, newel rails, shower seats, stair rails, keysafes, etc,
• Trusted Assessor training from the Disabled Living Foundation to enable the Multi Skilled Operatives to assess for and prescribe specified minor adaptations
• Health, Safety and Compliance training from Commodious to ensure works are delivered safely and will complete training courses in Asbestos Awareness; COSHH Awareness; Fire Safety; Manual Handling; Slips, Trips and Falls; Noise At Work; Working At Height; Abrasive Wheels (Portable Machines); Confined Spaces; Electrical Safety; and Work Equipment (PUWER)
• Safeguarding and Dementia Awareness training and other relevant training regarding working with vulnerable client groups
The Multi Skilled Operatives will be provided with company vans and therefore will be required to have a current full manual driver’s license valid for use within the UK.
Due to the nature of their work, all the Multi Skilled Operatives will be required be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
It is desirable for the Multi Skilled Operative to have a valid CSCS card. Must have own power tools consisting of 110V and Cordless.
We require people with not just excellent workmanship but also people that have the desire, passion and positive attitude to make a difference to people’s lives. This is not just a job, but a lifestyle.
Please submit your CV. or enquiries by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The project has been supported by the European Regional Development Fund through Welsh Government. The jobs advertised is subject to approval of application.
Please see file below for vacancy specification.